Skip to main content

Breaking the Bonds

Back before I was liberated (February 25th), I kept myself in denial for much of the time because I could not face having a condition(Multiple Sclerosis) that was not treatable(I did not like the options). I always had a reason for my symptoms: my balance was off because I was weak in the core; my energy was down because I was depressed; I was depressed because I did not like my job. The monologue was endless and spun in my head incessantly.

Now, my life and body are very different. My body is getting stronger and stronger and my balance is getting better and better. The improvements were not instantaneous but have been steady and progressive. I am getting back to me physically. I feel truly blessed. Liberation it was and is.

My mind is still a challenge. I am more than a bit neurotic. I got very used to talking myself into positive thoughts and pushing myself to be positive although I was quite often frustrated, angry, disappointed and down right pissed off. I have always wanted to be positive and upbeat but it got hard during those days, months and years of steady decline. I now have true reason to be positive again. Improving and getting back "in the game" is amazing. However, my mind got very used to struggle and limitation. It tends to feel comfortable in this place.

My challenge now is to be open to possibility and promise again. My dreams for myself and my body are once again possible. If I can only break free of my limited thinking and negative mindset, the world can once again be my friend and my playground. I have been given a second chance. Thank you Paolo Zamboni(the inventor). Thank you Mohsin Saeed(my liberator). Thank you Grace(my wife) who put up with me for what seemed like centuries. Thank you LIFE for the privilege to be back in the game.

Comments

Shirley said…
I am surprised how strong we really are. I always tried to be the rock. No one wants to hear my problems. I carried on and people did comment (sometimes) how well I am doing. NOW that there is a possibility of relief my mind is not as strong and my symptoms are more intense. I talk more about my problems and cringe every time I open my mouth. I hope that sooner than later I will better in my mind so that my body can heal! AND I talk of nothing but wonderful things we all share!
Anonymous said…
Hello Mark, it is Julie here. I do not have your phone number any more. I wanted to call you to tell you that Jeff Omann, the owner of the imaging center, said that he has had three more requests for venograms since he did mine. He was going to call me to tell me that he will do mine again, free of charge, down in his other facility in Alvarado. I was calling him to ask for another CD because three doctors could not open the disk and that the films could not be sent to Chicago. They did make me another CD but I am going to wait until I get back from Australia to get that done. It was a coincidence that Betsy was there asking for a CD that works when he came in and was pretty riled up about making the third one for me but then wanted to talk to me. Betsy was going to drop it off at your house but I told her to wait. He will be able to do a better job and get my azygos vein this time. Last time he said that it did not turn out and explained how hard it is to do veins. I am planning to return from my trip on June 30 and will call and schedule the venogram then. I will keep reading your blog because you always post interesting information. Have a wonderful June and continue the positive thoughts. Your thinking create spositive outcomes.
Judy Butcher said…
Thank you for sharing your experience. I too had a positive experience from CCSVI treatment, getting better has been gradual for me as well.

Judy Butcher

Popular posts from this blog

A Guest Post from Jenna Walters

Tai Chi for Health Tai Chi is a secret weapon in the battle against the physical and mental demands of life. It has been able to help improve health in individuals with illnesses ranging from peritoneal mesothelioma to migraines . Its quiet and slow movements bring a calm balance to the mind. It also brings strength and balance to the body. Tai Chi demands very little from its participants. The focus is on body awareness and deep breathing. Its stretching is soft and fluid and its movements are low-impact. Young, old, athletic, or the rehabilitating can all gain better health with Tai Chi. Studies have shown that Tai Chi improves physical health . Although the movements are slow and require no added weight, those that practice Tai Chi become stronger in both upper and lower body. There is also proof that flexibility and balance are improved. The fact that the gentleness of this exercise has such positive results makes it perfect for the unfit, the elderly and for those recovering f

Evolutionary Book

I am in the midst of reading a truly great and novel book. Written by Philip Shepherd, New Self, New World  is a deep analysis and different perspective on what is wrong with today's world and why so many of us struggle to find peace and happiness. The book shares with the Pando Method the concept of "coming out of the head and into the body" (the other brain) as a means to see with greater clarity and awareness. We at Pando Health Groups are using our approach of what we call "Center Point Rest" as a conscious process of descending from the thinking mind to the low abdomen. This form of meditation, while brief, gives the individual the opportunity to stop the continuous flow of thoughts and "drop down" into the body and then rest in this quieter, very different space. We find it to be a powerful way to connect with oneself and our true nature as opposed to the ongoing "bombarding thoughts". It truly does change one's state and opens up

Becoming Aware

In doing the work that I am so happy to be doing at Pando Health Groups, I have become acutely aware of the painful, demeaning,  limiting and downright cruel thoughts that people carry around and repeatedly tell themselves. Amazingly successful, intelligent and gifted people continually return to a dark and very negative image of themselves that is not based on current reality or supported by their current performance, relationships or modern lives. However, the tape is still playing. Worse yet, the tape hurts them deep down and affects all that they care about, desire and create. It takes away energy. It zaps power and limits potential. It creates misery and suffering. It, too often, makes their lives stay "stuck in the groove on the record". This tape can be turned off (or destroyed) but for too many it keeps raising its head when circumstances replicate past wounds or when there is an ongoing, overpowering, loud voice that just keeps breaking into one's hea