Skip to main content

Further Clarification of What I Do

What is it that makes my medical practice special?
Why would someone come to me rather than continue with their regular doctor(s)?
Why would someone spend cash on a medical consult rather than go the regular route and stay in the medical system?

These questions are extremely important and relevant to my new medical practice. I am attempting to offer a service that is not currently available within "the system" or anywhere that I am aware of. I am a "regular doctor" by training and have practiced in the "system" for nearly 20 years. However, it became very clear to me early in my career that standard medicine only offered the tip of the iceberg of what true healing involved. During my first 20 years of medical work I learned that healing and getting well involved so much more than brief office visits, prescription medicines and medical procedures. I went on an extensive, learning journey in the world of healing and learned great lessons. I explored the worlds of psychology, complementary medicine and the critical world of lifestyle medicine(peoples' daily routines, habits and behaviors). In addition, my personal experience with Multiple Sclerosis and the healing that I received with the Liberation Procedure propelled me on a journey that has been both transformative for me personally and showed me that healing comes first from the formation of new perceptions and beliefs. Once an individual perceives of his or her situation with "new eyes"and then subsequently forms new beliefs about his or her ability to master and work with their challenge, then a new world of possibility opens and transformation is possible.

This is what I wish to offer: new eyes to view old problems. A road to transformation and change; allowing people to break out of their "stuck" places and move forward into new freedom and a fuller life equipped with the tools and skills and support to become who they want to be.

I am no longer a primary care physician. I am no longer in the system. I am there for people when they wish to make changes and get "unstuck". Change is possible and it is within all of our grasps. With time(1-2 hour visits) and focused attention on your story, I can help you get to where you want to go. Come on in and find your new eyes.

Comments

Katie Kobayashi said…
Now I know where you are!!! You were the best part of my healing journey at SDCC...I miss you and pray that your healing continues and that you feel blessed...because YOU ARE A BLESSING, DR. KALINA!!

Kathleen Kobayashi aka..Katie
Julie Hinze said…
Sending Love for your amazing healing wishes for your patients. Hello Mark, It is Julie Hinze here. My veins are completely open according to the neuroradiologist. I can thank Qigong and my acupuncturist, Alan, from Enciitas. Each day I experience gains. I am planning a trip to Bhutan later this month to see my daughter, Kellie. May your practice bring abundance and fabulous, continuous healing for yourself and others. Thank you for all of your strong guidance.

Popular posts from this blog

A Guest Post from Jenna Walters

Tai Chi for Health Tai Chi is a secret weapon in the battle against the physical and mental demands of life. It has been able to help improve health in individuals with illnesses ranging from peritoneal mesothelioma to migraines . Its quiet and slow movements bring a calm balance to the mind. It also brings strength and balance to the body. Tai Chi demands very little from its participants. The focus is on body awareness and deep breathing. Its stretching is soft and fluid and its movements are low-impact. Young, old, athletic, or the rehabilitating can all gain better health with Tai Chi. Studies have shown that Tai Chi improves physical health . Although the movements are slow and require no added weight, those that practice Tai Chi become stronger in both upper and lower body. There is also proof that flexibility and balance are improved. The fact that the gentleness of this exercise has such positive results makes it perfect for the unfit, the elderly and for those recovering f

Evolutionary Book

I am in the midst of reading a truly great and novel book. Written by Philip Shepherd, New Self, New World  is a deep analysis and different perspective on what is wrong with today's world and why so many of us struggle to find peace and happiness. The book shares with the Pando Method the concept of "coming out of the head and into the body" (the other brain) as a means to see with greater clarity and awareness. We at Pando Health Groups are using our approach of what we call "Center Point Rest" as a conscious process of descending from the thinking mind to the low abdomen. This form of meditation, while brief, gives the individual the opportunity to stop the continuous flow of thoughts and "drop down" into the body and then rest in this quieter, very different space. We find it to be a powerful way to connect with oneself and our true nature as opposed to the ongoing "bombarding thoughts". It truly does change one's state and opens up

Becoming Aware

In doing the work that I am so happy to be doing at Pando Health Groups, I have become acutely aware of the painful, demeaning,  limiting and downright cruel thoughts that people carry around and repeatedly tell themselves. Amazingly successful, intelligent and gifted people continually return to a dark and very negative image of themselves that is not based on current reality or supported by their current performance, relationships or modern lives. However, the tape is still playing. Worse yet, the tape hurts them deep down and affects all that they care about, desire and create. It takes away energy. It zaps power and limits potential. It creates misery and suffering. It, too often, makes their lives stay "stuck in the groove on the record". This tape can be turned off (or destroyed) but for too many it keeps raising its head when circumstances replicate past wounds or when there is an ongoing, overpowering, loud voice that just keeps breaking into one's hea